Portals connect internal and external teams, increasing collaboration and efficiency.
Intranets & Extranets
Publishing and Collaboration Portals
Intranets are traditionally used to manage and centralize organizational communications. More recently, Intranet usage has expanded to include collaboration within and between departments, and with external entities via Extranets. Document-centric collaboration is typically loosely governed and often separate from Enterprise Content and Records Management workloads.
We assert that all content is critical and should be centralized such that:
- Collaboration-oriented and records are governed
- Standard content types and term sets can be used
- Documents are secure, findable, versioned and managed
- Document workflows and analytics can be implemented
- Over-retention, storage, and retrieval costs are mitigated